Green Defense Detox 180g - vegetables, grasses, broccoli and botanical detox blend | Jarrow Formulas
Jarrow Formulas Green Defense Detox with BroccoMax provides an array of nature's best ingredients without refined sugars, artificial flavors or preservatives.
what does Green Defense Detox do?
Scientific studies confirm that phytonutrients such as polyphenols, chlorophyll, glucosinolates and other antioxidants help support the body’s detoxification processes.
Green Defense Detox is rich in phytonutrients that help support the body’s self-defense and detoxification mechanisms, while supporting overall well being.
Green Defense® Detox provides an array of nature’s best ingredients:
• Polyphenols from milk thistle, dandelion, and artichoke and a variety of vegetables.
• Fibers from acacia gum and FOS (FructoOligoSaccharides) to support the growth of good bacteria and enhance detoxification.
• BroccoMax® broccoli seed extract is manufactured using a patented process that preserves myrosinase, the enzyme in broccoli that metabolizes SGS (Sulforaphane Glucosinolate, a.k.a. glucoraphanin) in the small intestine into sulforaphane.
Sulforaphane is a potent inducer of Phase 2 detoxifying liver enzymes and helps protect cellular DNA as well as promote healthy cell replication and liver health.
No refined sugars or artificial flavors.
NOTE: Appearance of the product may vary due to the nature of the plant ingredients.
Some supplements are suitable for both men and women of all ages as well as children. But other supplements are specifically targeted to the aging woman or man. Another supplement is especially suitable for athletes, regardless of gender.
- 6+ items = -15% discount!
- any 2+ = -5%!
- any 3+ = -7.5%!
- any 4+ = -10%!
- any 5+ = -12.5%!
- any 6+ = -15%!
- in stock
- €4 (NL) - €7,50 (BE/DE) - €9+ (EU)
- quantity discount is valid for any combination of products
- free shipping above €30 (NL) - €60 (BE/DE) or €6 discount above €75 (EU)
- keep out of reach of young children
- a dietary supplement is not a subsitute for a healthy diet ; do not exceed recommended dose
- if you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating or trying to conceive, are under age of 18, or are taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
- books, probiotics and products bought in the SALE can NOT be returned
What foods deserve the name 'superfoods' and why?Many different foods have been touted as superfoods over the past few decades and undoubtedly many more will come.
Why are we all so focussed on superfoods? Secretly, we all hope for the miracle natural 'drug' to cure or prevent heart diseases and other degenerative diseases, especially when it can compensate for other bad habits, such as smoking, drinking too much alcohol, not sleeping enough and moving too little.
In order to do away with the hype of it all, we at Pasio decided to get rid of the category of 'superfoods' and merge all edible products (fats, proteins and superfoods) into one major category called 'nutrition'.
While there is no official legal definition of superfoods, this doesn't mean there isn't a scientific basis for calling a food “super.”
According to nutritionists, a superfood is the type of fruit and veggies that packs a lot of micronutrients into each calorie and is linked with a reduced risk of chronic disease. Studies also suggest that people who eat more of them tend to be thinner and live longer than those who rarely or never eat them.
However, what type of micronutrients these are , is up for debate.
History of conventional cancer treatments
There isn't a single person alive who hasn't experienced how a family member or loved one died because of cancer.
For myself this was most dramatically present in my mom and her sister who both developed breast tumors in the late 70s.
While my aunt chose to get treated conventionally, my mom chose the other path and went to a doctor who practiced an alternative diet-based therapy. In the end both died, my aunt of breast cancer, and my mom of a massive heart attack when her (then considered) atypical symptoms were unrecognized in hospital.
Since then I've been watching with both disgust and admiration how science has ben progressing. Disgust because conventional science kept ignoring the positive impact alternative medicine, along with diet and lifestyle can have on health. Admiration because of the major advances that have been made using ever less disruptive and dangerous approaches.
While it sometimes may seem as if cancer is a modern disease, nothing could be further from the truth. Cancer occurrences have been noted throughout history.
The body is under constant attack from oxidative stress. Oxygen in the body splits into single atoms with unpaired electrons. Electrons like to be in pairs, so these atoms, called free radicals, scavenge the body to seek out other electrons so they can become a pair. This causes damage to cells, proteins and DNA.
Free radicals are associated with human disease, including cancer, atherosclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and many others. They also may have a link to aging, which has been defined as a gradual accumulation of free-radical damage.
Substances that generate free radicals can be found in the food we eat, the medicines we take, the air we breathe and the water we drink. These substances include fried foods, alcohol, tobacco smoke, pesticides and air pollutants.
Free radicals are the natural byproducts of chemical processes, such as metabolism. Free radicals can be seen as as waste products from various chemical reactions in the cell that when built up, harm the cells of the body.
Yet, free radicals are essential to life. The body's ability to turn air and food into chemical energy depends on a chain reaction of free radicals. Free radicals are also a crucial part of the immune system, floating through the veins and attacking foreign invaders.
add 1 scoop (6 gram) to water or juice. Mix or blend until smooth.
Take as a dietary supplement or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional.
contains per daily serving (6 gram)/ per 100 gram
calories 15 kcal/250 kcal
- as fiber 2g /33g
vitamin C 90mg (100%RDI) / 1500mg (1667% RDI)
calcium 30mg (2% RDI) /500mg (33% RDI)
sodium 25mg (1% RDI) /417mg (17% RDI)
potassium 50mg (1% RDI) /834mg (17% RDI)
broccoli seed extract (Brassica oleracea L. italica) 870mg / 15g †
- sulforaphane glucosinolate
(from proprietary blend containing myrosinase enzyme plus calcium ascorbate) 30mg / 500mg
vegetables 1500mg/25g †
- organic spinach leaf powder (Spinacia oleracea)
- asparagus powder (Asparagus officinalis)
- organic carrot powder (Daucus carota)
- organic kale leaf powder (Brassica oleracea)
grasses as powder from juice 1000mg/17g †
- wheat grass (Triticum aestivum)
- barley grass (Hordeum vulgaris)
- organic oat grass (Avena sativa)
botanical detox blend 1000mg/17g †
- stinging nettle root (Urtica dioica)
- dandelion root extract (Taraxacum mongolicum)
- artichoke leaf extract (Cynara scolymus)
- milk thistle extract (Silybum marianum)
fibers 2000mg/33g †
- nutraFOS (fructo-oligosacharides)
- acacia gum
- vegetables, grasses and botanical detox blend
† = Recommended Daily Intake not established
vegetables, broccoli , grasses and botanicals all in one blend, natural flavours, ascorbic acid, citric acid, maltodextrin and organic rebiana (stevia extract)
keep dry and closed at normal room temperature between 15 - 22°C.
keep out of reach of young children
this product contains wheat, but no gluten (wheat as grass, not as a grain)
contains no other familiar allergens (gluten, soy, lupin, nuts/tree nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish or mollusks)
suitable for vegetarians and vegans