Vitals Magnesium is beneficial for nerve and muscular tissue metabolism. Magnesium and potassium can be utilized by physically active individuals to support electrolyte levels in the body.
Magnesium: essential, too often overlooked
Magnesium is an essential mineral involved in more than 300 chemical reactions in the body. Like calcium, most of the body’s magnesium (55%) is stored in the bone. Otherwise, it is similar to potassium in that it is found predominantly inside cells. Approximately 25% of the body’s magnesium is present in muscle tissues, a fact that underscores the fundamental role of this mineral in the generation of energy.
Despite its key function in the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the primary source of energy in the body, magnesium is also a “natural calcium channel blocker.”; In addition, magnesium may influence energy levels indirectly by improving the metabolism of potassium. When potassium levels don’t increase with supplementation, this often indicates a lack of magnesium.
• magnesium diminishes fatigue
• supports mental well-being
• easy to swall capsules with natural fillers from rice and cassave
Some supplements are suitable for both men and women of all ages as well as children. But other supplements are specifically targeted to the aging woman or man. Another supplement is especially suitable for athletes, regardless of gender.
- 6+ items = -15% discount!
- any 2+ = -5%!
- any 3+ = -7.5%!
- any 4+ = -10%!
- any 5+ = -12.5%!
- any 6+ = -15%!
- in stock
- €4 (NL) - €7,50 (BE/DE) - €9+ (EU)
- quantity discount is valid for any combination of products
- free shipping above €30 (NL) - €60 (BE/DE) or €6 discount above €75 (EU)
- keep out of reach of young children
- a dietary supplement is not a subsitute for a healthy diet ; do not exceed recommended dose
- if you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating or trying to conceive, are under age of 18, or are taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
- books, probiotics and products bought in the SALE can NOT be returned
Epidemiological study: more muscle strength with more magnesium
The more magnesium elderly people have in their blood, the more muscle strength they have. This is the conclusion from an Italian epidemiological study done at the University of Palermo, which examined eleven hundred people aged between sixty and seventy. Magnesium increased the strength with which the elderly Italians could close a grip spring, the amount of kilograms they could raise with their calves and the weight they could shift doing leg extensions.
take 1 to 3 capsules a day with ample water, preferably with a meal or as advised by a qualified physician
contains per daily serving (1 capsule)
magnesium (as citrate) 100 mg (elemental) (25% RDI)
RDI = Recommended Daily Intake
active ingredients (magnesium citrate), fillers (rice extract), anticoagulant (rice concentrate), vegetarian capsule (pullulan from fermented cassave)
keep dry and closed at normal room temperature between 15 - 22°C.
contra-indications and warnings
A too high magnesium intake can lead to diarrhea or nausea. In that case, lower the dose. Don't use when you have a severe kidney disease.
contains no familiar allergens (wheat, gluten, soy, lupin, nuts/tree nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish or mollusks)
suitable for vegetarians and vegans