Jarrow Formulas Iso-Rich Soy contains water-extracted, Non-GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) soy protein isolate.
what distinguishes Iso Rich Soy?
• Consistent isoflavone level. Each serving guarantees a minimum of 29mg of naturally occurring isoflavones, consisting of genistin/genistein, daidzin/daidzein and glycitin/glycitein.
• Water extraction of soy protein preserves naturally occurring isoflavones, saponins and IP6 (Inositol Hexaphosphate).
• Saponins, another naturally occurring group of phytonutrients in soy, have been shown in scientific studies to enhance the body’s defense mechanisms.
Iso-Rich Soy is a complete source of essential amino acids and meets or exceeds the daily “Amino Acid Requirement Patterns” for adults measured by PDCAAS (recommended by the Food and Nutrition Board, 1989).
Soy improves the bioavailability of isoflavones
Isoflavones are a subclass of flavonoids found primarily in soy. There are three types of isoflavones in soy, with each type being present in four chemical forms, for a combined total of 12 isomers of soy isoflavones. The names genistein, daidzein and glycitein refer to the unconjugated or aglycone forms of isoflavones. In their conjugated or glycone forms, they become genistin, daizin and glycitin.
Soy assists bone preservation
One of the differences between soy protein and animal protein is that soy protein helps to conserve bone mass by reducing bone calcium loss. However, soy protein itself is not a significant source of calcium. Calcium fortification during fermentation increases the calcium level of soy products. The fermentation process also converts fortified calcium into the organic and more soluble form, calcium lactate. The fortified magnesium citrate is a more soluble form of magnesium which also exerts a positive influence on bone density.
Soy enhances intestinal health
The human gut harbors over 800 species of microorganisms, such as bacteria and fungi. Some of them are beneficial or neutral, whereas others are harmful. During fermentation, probiotic bacteria produce beneficial metabolites, such as organic acids (lactic acids, etc.) and bacteriocins (bulgaricin, plantaricin, and lactacin). These metabolites play a significant role in maintaining intestinal microbial balance and in minimizing putrefactive by-products.
Soy supports immune system
Bacterial cell walls contain a group of substances called peptidoglycans. Studies have shown that these peptidoglycans help support immune function, as indicated by the stimulation of immunoglobulin production.
Soy supports cardiovascular function
Finally, the FDA has authorized the following health claim: Consumption of 25 grams of soy protein a day, as a part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
Some supplements are suitable for both men and women of all ages as well as children. But other supplements are specifically targeted to the aging woman or man. Another supplement is especially suitable for athletes, regardless of gender.
- time of availability unknown
- free shipping above €30 (NL) - €60 (BE/DE) or €6 discount above €75 (EU)
- keep out of reach of young children
- a dietary supplement is not a subsitute for a healthy diet ; do not exceed recommended dose
- if you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating or trying to conceive, are under age of 18, or are taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
- books, probiotics and products bought in the SALE can NOT be returned
Why should I care about meal frequency?Why should I care about eating several times a day? A straight answer is, because it works!
It works if you wish to burn fat and maintain a good muscular attractive physique when you are over 40. Back in 2009 I was pretty darn fit and strong and in the best shape of my life while eating small meals five to six times a day and working out right after work around 7pm.
Bone loss in menopause
Osteoporosis is a naturally occurring phenomenon when bones decrease in density, resulting in weakness and a higher likelihood to break.
Anyone can develop osteoporosis, not just women over 50 years but also men (generally over 70) or anyone who's been bedridden for a long time. The scary part is that bone loss happens without noticable symptoms until a bone breaks spontaneously after a fall that normally would only leave bruises.
Mix 2 rounded tablespoons (29 g) of powder with 6 to 8 oz. fruit juice, milk, or your favorite beverage, or you may:
• Blend powder with liquid, ice and fruits for smoothies.
• Mix into cold or cooked cereals.
• Add to soups, sauces, casseroles, meatballs, patties, baked items (bread, muffins, etc.) or frozen desserts
Use Iso-Rich Soy as a dietary supplement to increase your intake of protein, isoflavones and IP6.
contains per daily serving (2 table spoons, 29g)/100g
nutritional value 110kcal /379kcal
protein 25g /86g
fat <1g /<3g
sodium 370 mg (15% RDI) / 1275 mg (52% RDI)
calcium 29 mg (4% RDI) / 100 mg (14% RDI)
iron 4 mg (25% RDI) / 14 mg (86% RDI)
isoflavones 29 mg †/100 mg †
- with genistein, daidzein and glycitein
saponins >200mg † / >690mg †
RDI = Recommended Daily Intake
† = RDI not established
100% natural soy protein isolate (Non-GMO), flavouring (natural vanilla flavor), anti-coagulant (silicon dioxide in trace amounts)
Does not contain artificial flavors, sweeteners or colors.
keep dry and closed at normal room temperature between 15 - 22°C.
keep out of reach of young children
This product contains naturally occuring phytoestrogens. Do not take more than 2 servings per day.
Do not give to children under 12 years old.
Do not use for weight reduction & use as a dietary supplement only.
contains no other familiar allergens (wheat, gluten, lupin, nuts/tree nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish or mollusks)
suitable for vegetarians and vegans