Jarrow Formulas Taurine is a sulfur-containing, antioxidant amino acid that protects against free radical damage to cells, and aids in osmoregulation (maintenance of proper concentrations of ions) inside the cell, membrane stabilization, sperm motility, bile acid conjugation, neurotransmission and athletic performance as taurine allows for better glucose deposition into muscles.
In cells, taurine keeps potassium and magnesium inside the cell, while keeping excessive sodium out. In this sense, taurine works like a diuretic.
Taurine is essential for cardiovascular function, and development and function of skeletal muscle, the retina, and the central nervous system. As taurine is only found in animal proteins, vegans that do not supplement taurine, have extremely low taurine levels.
- gelatin caps
Some supplements are suitable for both men and women of all ages as well as children. But other supplements are specifically targeted to the aging woman or man. Another supplement is especially suitable for athletes, regardless of gender.
- 4+ items = -€2 discount!
- any two = -€1!
- any four = -€2!
- in stock
- €4 (NL) - €7,50 (BE/DE) - €9+ (EU)
- quantity discount is valid for any combination of products
- free shipping above €30 (NL) - €60 (BE/DE) or €6 discount above €75 (EU)
- keep out of reach of young children
- a dietary supplement is not a subsitute for a healthy diet ; do not exceed recommended dose
- if you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating or trying to conceive, are under age of 18, or are taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
- books, probiotics and products bought in the SALE can NOT be returned
Take 1 capsule per day, or as directed by your qualified health care consultant.
contains per daily serving (1 capsule)
taurine 1000mg †
† = Recommended Daily Intake not established
active ingredient (taurine), filler (cellulose and magnesium stearate from palm oil), capsule (bovine gelatin)
keep dry and closed at normal room temperature between 15 - 22°C.
keep out of reach of young children
If you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating, or trying to conceive, are under the age of 18, or are taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
contains no familiar allergens (wheat, gluten, soy, lupin, nuts/tree nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish or mollusks)
Pasio recommends vegans to supplement with Magnesium Optimizer, which is a vegan-friendly source of taurine.